Sunday, November 16, 2008

Remembering our leaders

"Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God." Romans 13:1

It was good to be reminded to pray for the leaders of our country last Sunday, as we continued our study in Romans and chapter 13 verses 1-7. I have to confess that I know little about politics - it doesn't interest me, and I really don't understand much of it... I'm sure I could, if I tried...

I did conclude, though, that it would be good for the kids to know exactly who the leaders of our country are (I confess that I don't think I would know who they were if they passed me in the street) and for us to pray for them... so we have now added pictures of the Queen, Gordon Brown, and Alex Salmond to our prayer board.

No comments: